Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

This is my little corner of the 'tinternet where I can share my craftiness and glitter painty mess making! There may also be the old bits of baking and crochet.

Thursday 5 November 2009

Bad Girls Project 52 Challenge 2

Bad Girls Project 52 Challenge 2 was to recycle/alter an old text book using the theme of school or education and to use office supplies.

Here are my starting supplies!
I have just found all my old school reports and school stuff and so this challenge was perfect timing.

I made a book using the 2 clipboards and the pages are all envelopes. I aged them all with tea, covered them in paper (mostly from the Sept Cocoa Daisy kit) aged the paper with a wash of gesso and then COVERED them in glimmer mist and alot of it!!! I used alphabet stencils and a circle stencil with the glimmer mist and then after spraying turned them over and used the negative on the back of the envelope pages. I also used paper clips and bulldog clips as masks with the glimmer mist
The clipboards were covered with the pages from the book (using a technique Wendy at Bad Girls showed me in a monthly kit) to give a textured feel.

I cut out the middle of all pages and put in a photo from my last year at school and about half way through put a photo from my first year at school. I covered the book in gesso and then more paint and glimmer mist.

1 comment:

fairyrocks said...

I Love this altered book project!!
So much detail and hard work you put between those pages.
Thank you for participating and sharing !!!