Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

This is my little corner of the 'tinternet where I can share my craftiness and glitter painty mess making! There may also be the old bits of baking and crochet.

Saturday 31 May 2008

365 Day Challenge 150 - 152

Prompt 152: "Remember: Always let your conscience be your guide." -Pinocchio I hate having a conscience! My life would be so much eaiser without one! Sometimes I am my own conscience, sometimes I can hear my husband sitting on my shoulder. ahhh I hate it when that happens especially when he is right!

Prompt 151: "The past can hurt. You can either run from it or learn from it." - Lion King For me this quote brings up issues about losing Mum, especially coming up to the 1st year ann.
It does hurt. Hurts like hell. It is not something I can run from.
I have learnt however that I am alot stronger than I ever believed possible, and ultimatly that is down to the person my Mum taught me to be, and I owe her more than I ever realised.

Prompt 150: "the flower that blooms in adversity is the most beautiful and rare of all" - Mulan I have been through alot in my life - it doesn't always feel alot but I guess it is.
I didn't have a 2.4 children upbringing but I have always had both my parents in my life.
Mum and Dad got divorced when I was 10 then there was alot of other stuff inbetween including a stepmother, stepfather and generally growning up!
Mum and Dad ended up single again 7yrs ago and then one thing lead to another and they remarried in March last after 19yrs of divorce only to have Mum die suddenly in June of cancer.
Anyway the long and the short of it is all of those things make me who I am today, I think I am a good person so I guess I have "bloomed" in adversity.

4 comments:

knitkath said...

Steph you have been through a lot and come out having learned about yourself and your strengths! Some lovely pics!

Mary B said...

Steph it is good that we can learn from our past and let it shape us into something good.
You have put in some really lovely photos here.

Minty Magic said...

Steph thanks for sharing these things with us. You seem a very strong and "together" person.
Great Photos

Scrappy~Sarah said...

Beautiful journaling Steph, and some fantastic photos ((hugs)) if needed