Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

This is my little corner of the 'tinternet where I can share my craftiness and glitter painty mess making! There may also be the old bits of baking and crochet.

Sunday 8 March 2009

Art journal - Lots of layers

this weeks lessons have been about layering and image altering. Homework was to create pages with at least 10 layers. I thought it would be hard to do - look too messy etc, having said that I had great fun and got quiet a few done!
This first one I haven't finished yet but I don't know how to finish it off yet
This one started with the image transfer in the middle (which didn't come out as well as I would have liked but there are no mistakes right!!!!
Another image transfer, I have been thinking about Mum alot and this page is about that
Another lesson has been how to paint over a photo to give it a different look this is my first go which didn't come out so well but I am much happier with the second attempt
Here's the orignal next to the painted/altered one
I have never considered myself artisitc (creative yes, artistic no, can't draw for love nor money!) But I am really enjoying learning to play with paint and ink!!! Will have to try some of these things on a LO!

4 comments:

knitkath said...

Wow, these pages are so effective! You certainly are having fun!

Shirley said...

Looks brilliant Steph, you are certainly having fun :O)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Steph, these pages are amazing, very inspirational

Barbara said...

Lovely pages Steph. You have inspired me to do a bit more of mine. Conversely I like the altered LAUGH photo best.