Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

This is my little corner of the 'tinternet where I can share my craftiness and glitter painty mess making! There may also be the old bits of baking and crochet.

Friday 13 March 2009

Bad Girls Feb Kit and another Challenge!

So another Challenge blog! Category Stories. The challenge was to create a LO using the idea of Precious things. I decided to go for those little things that really mean something to me.
Journalling:
Broomus: mum's teddybear
My comfort blanket: I have had it since I was 3
Bumbalion: The last christmas present from my grandad before he died
My earrings: Dad had the diamonds from Mum's engagement ring made into earrings for me for my birthday the year after Mum died
Grandad's blanket: He had this over his legs the last time I say him.
Thumper:He was my Nan's and for as long as I can remember I have loved him. He plays Brahams Lullaby,
Used the Feb SFIO kit

My Feb kit from Bad Girls finally arrived (Customs GRRRRRR!) Anyway Wendy (the Boss!) had made a lovely little Mini Book using one of the sheets of card and it inspired me to do mine. It's all my favourite stories and photos from my 3 years at University I practically used the whole kit! Now that is unheard of for me. I added the acrylic covers, cut the pages to different sizes. The ribbons sticking out of the top are all tags that are inbetween the pages with journalling on.
I had a great trip down memory lane and I am glad that all the photo's and stories and in the one place.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC you really are the queen of mini books - you think of so many fab subjects

As for the 'precious' LO I love it

Sarah said...

Loving the mini book Steph - fab as always!! xxxx

I thing the precious LO is perfect xx

stephanie said...

thanks for playing at CS. love your work :)

Sara said...

wow! Seriously love all that color! Thanks for playing at CS!

Summer Sunflower said...

The Uni mini book is so brilliant Steph! I just love the 'Precious' LO!!

Lee said...

LOVE your take on the Category - fantastic page. And your mini is totally rad! Thanks so much for joining in with us at Category STories!
Cheers, Lee :)

Amy said...

Wow! Love your Precious Things LO! I too have many little things that belonged to my mother and grandparents that I treasure! Love your take on this prompt! Thanks so much for playing along!