Welcome

Welcome to my blog!

This is my little corner of the 'tinternet where I can share my craftiness and glitter painty mess making! There may also be the old bits of baking and crochet.

Wednesday 19 November 2008

SFIO - Gratitude no2!

The latest challenge on SFIO was to do a LO with some kind of patchwork and to use flowers, and to scrap things you are Grateful for. I took it in a slightly different direction.
Hidden journalling is in the pocket behind the big flowers.
"I have learnt with my grief that crying over what I have lost and will miss out on is futile, it only makes me feel crap, instead it is far better (and I am sure what Mum would have wanted) to be grateful for what we did have.
I had a brilliant childhood and a fantastic relationship with Mum
Mum saw both Glenn and I get married and also remarried Dad
She adored her 3 grandchildren
We had a wonderful trip to New York, somewhere she really wanted to go to and I got to share it with her.
No matter what ups and downs she had she loved live and certainly lived.
Alot of people don't get to have half of what I had with Mum, and for that I am truely grateful"

3 comments:

Mary B said...

A beautiful LO a great tribute to your Mum and such wonderful words so glad you have all that to be grateful for. Glad you can now reflect on those good memories to help you in your loss {{{{{{huggles}}}}}}}}}}}

Sue said...

Steph that is STUNNING

love the journalling perfect xxx


MY BLOG

Nickynoo said...

Wow, what special journalling, made me sniff :D Love the patchwork look too xx